CEO and Co-Founder
As CEO of Performance Support Systems, Inc., Dr. Coates has created award-winning brain-based programs and resources for parents, leaders and teams for over 25 years. A graduate of West Point (1967), he retired from the U.S. Army as a lieutenant colonel in 1987. He earned his Ph.D. in English from Duke University (1977) and served on the faculties of the United States Military Academy, the Armed Forces Staff College, the College of William and Mary, Thomas Nelson Community College, and the Center for Creative Leadership.
His current focus: to give science-based knowledge about adolescent brain development to parents and adults who work with youth, so they can help young people wire their prefrontal cortex for executive/critical thinking skills and achieve optimum intellectual capacity for adult life. A recognized parenting, learning and development thought leader, he is working on a new book, Adolescent Brain 2.0.
Website: DrDennyCoates.com – a gateway to the best websites, books, articles, videos and other resources for raising teenagers
- Conversations with the Wise Aunt – for middle school girls
- Conversations with the Wise Uncle – for middle school boys
- The Race against Time – ebook for parents
- The Sacred Purpose – for administrators of youth sports programs
Online coaching and reinforcement programs for building communication skills and personal strengths:
- Strong for Parenting – for parents
- Strong for Life – for teenagers
- Strong for Families – for family therapists, school counselors and other helping professionals
- Strong for Mentoring Students – for teachers
- Strong for Mentoring Athletes – for athletic coaches
- Strong for Mentoring Youth – for youth program leaders
- Strong for Performance – for adults in the workplace
- 20/20 Insight Gold – online individual, team and organization performance feedback surveys
President and Co-Founder
Meredith loves encouraging action-oriented people to make changes that help them achieve greater success. She’s been doing this as president of Performance Support Systems (PSS) since 1987. During that time, Meredith has coached thousands of business leaders and salespeople.
Meredith is a major contributor to the learning materials in all the company’s products, especially ProStar Coach. This unique virtual coaching system combines assessment, learning resources and a self-selected coaching network to help people ingrain skills and new behavior patterns.
During her professional career of more than 37 years, Meredith has been in the role of coaching, encouraging and helping others deal with their challenges. Known on the Internet as Your Voice of Encouragement, Meredith regularly shares encouraging insights she’s gained in her life’s journey.
As the head of marketing and sales for the company, Meredith is always looking for great joint-venture and affiliate relationships.
Paula has been Vice President and CFO of Performance Support Systems since 1991, and she has over 30 years’ experience in banking and business management. Her executive responsibilities include administration of financial, legal, personnel and resource programs within PSS.
Paula has been studying subtle energy therapies for more than 16 years and is a Healing Touch Certified Practitioner and RoHun Facilitator. She volunteers at local hospitals and healing sanctuaries as an energy therapist.